Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Here's a little tome from my wife on our trip yesterday. I'll add some photo's later today.
We went to a little town yesterday (Pozos) just to get out our our town a bit. Had lunch and walked around. Bought some candles as we light them to help warm our place up. On our way back we decide to take a different route home. I think we were on cow paths at some points. But Navi keep saying that we could get home that way. I was getting nervous as it was getting late and I did not want to be out on this road miles from any where but tinny Mexican villages with a broken down car and neither of us really speaking Spanish and it is dark and oh my what do we do!?!?! We finally got to a dirt road that really looked like a road with an occasional truck on it and I felt better. Then we got a PAVED road. That was great. The only thing was we got home later than we planned so we were driving on narrow roads in the dark with trucks and busses coming towards us and a ditch on our side of the road and no markings on the road and then big vehicles taking up more than half the road. But we made it home in one piece, even did a little grocery shopping on the way home.

1 comment: