Monday, January 4, 2010

Jose Sabino Guadalupe Rojo Anaya

I found my dad's bautismo records at the church office in Tarimoro. It was an awful drive through Celaya, a town of 500K between San Miguel and Tarimoro. There is no "ring" road so into the belly of the beast we went. Third world traffic at it's worst. I just took some ibuprofen to ease the tightness in my neck from two trips through that town. I can't describe that driving nightmare in a few words. On to the good news, with some questions I translated using the web, I got the church secretary to search the very old records. I could see how delicate the pages were. A young man who spoke English, helped too. Pretty soon she wrote down a few lines and I knew we had it. Jose Sabino Guadalupe Rojo Anaya, born December 27, 1906. I thought his birthday was like Dec 6th??? Baptized Dec 30, 1906. Father, Francisco (my middle name is Francis). Mother, Febronia Anaya. Has the God parents names too. For 50 peso's they typed me up a copy of the records. I was very excited to find this. We celebrated with a local cup of ice cream, not vegan, like our taco's earlier. Walked the square, took a few more pictures of the church and scenes in the square, then headed home. On the way home stopped by a road side stand, and got a huge bag of jicama...for $8 bucks. Must be twenty or more inside. Put some in our Portobello burgers for dinner. It was a good day...except for the traffic thing. I'll make scans of the record and sent when i get home. It's been a long day so I'll add photos's tomorrow. hugs to all, Dennis

No comments:

Post a Comment